In our department, the following 5 doctors have treated the patients with digestive and/or liver disease patients.
Hitoshi Takagi, MD, PhD, Director of the Kusunoki Hospital,
Takashi Kosone, MD, PhD, Department Chief of Internal Medicine
Kyoko Marubashi, MD, Senior Head
Kazuko Kizawa, MD, Expert physician,
Satoshi Takakusagi, MD, Expert physician,
In the field of hepatology, we widely perform professional cares: anti-viral therapy for chronic hepatitis C and hepatitis B, management and treatment for liver cirrhosis, endoscopic injection sclerotherapy (EIS) and endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL) for esophageal varices, Balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration (BRTO) for gastric varices, radiofrequency ablation (RFA), transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE), and molecular targeted agents (Sorafenib, Lenvatinib, etc.) for liver cancer, and so on. Furthermore, Fibro scanR which can noninvasively examine liver stiffness and fatty change was first introduced in Gunma prefecture, and effective hepatoma surveillance has been simultaneously performed by US.
And in the field of bile duct and pancreas, we have been performed endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), retrograde biliary drainage(ERBD), percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD) for bile duct stone and cancer, percutaneous transhepatic gallbladder drainage, (PTGBD) for cholecystitis, and chemotherapies for pancreatic cancer and cholangiocarcinoma.
Regarding gastrointestinal disease, upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, colonoscopy, hemostasis, polypectomy, mucosal resection, eradication therapy of Helicobacter pylori, managements, treatments for inflammatory bowel disease (anti-TNF α antibody, etc.), and chemotherapies for gastric cancer, colon cancer and pancreatic cancer.
Department of nephrology treats the patients with an early kidney disease, renal failure, hemodialysis and so on. The dialysis center has 41 hemodialysis machines. Blood purification therapy including mostly hemodialysis is performed once a day on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, three times a day on Monday and Wednesday and Friday. Kusunoki hospital is the only one-night dialysis facility in Fujioka City.
We, three full-time doctors diagnose and treat the patients with bone and joint disease including the orthopedic surgery. We treat particularly hand injuries and diseases including reattachment of the cutted down fingers, microscopic surgery, fractures of hand, tendon, nerve, and blood vessels damage etc. Regarding lower limbs we are also treating traumatic injury and the knee disease such as knee joint fracture, meniscus injury by arthroscopic surgery, artificial joint replacement surgery, cruciate ligament reconstruction, and so on. Wide range diseases involving upper～lower limbs, spinal diseases and rheumatoid arthritis are also treated by drugs and operations.
Department of endocrinology and diabetology have diversely treated the patients, not limited to specific organs. While making patient's story an important clue, we will make a quick and appropriate diagnosis. Furthermore we diagnose diabetes morbidity type properly, such as blood sugar control and treat together with chronic complications of diabetes.
In addition, depending on the condition of the disease, the patients were educationally hospitalized on demand.
- 1) Breast conserving surgery (including sentinel node biopsy) is performed for patient with early breast cancer.
- 2) Subcutaneous mastectomy (nipple sparing mastectomy) is performed for early breast cancer patient with two tumors ,wide microcalcification or the patient who needs it instead of mastectomy. Simultaneous breast reconstruction using latissimus dorsi muscle flap or latissimus dorsi muscle-skin flap is possible to be received.
- 3) After operation, adjuvant therapy (chemotherapy, hormone therapy、or molecular targeted therapy) is carried out according to ER/PgR/HER 2 status.
- 4) Standard chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiation therapy, or molecular targeted therapy (multidisciplinary treatment) is carried out for advanced or recurrent (metastatic) breast cancer patient according to ER/PgR/HER2 status.
- 4) Mammography, US, CT, MRI, Bone-scan, or PET/CT is used for the diagnosis of breast cancer , postoperative follow-up of breast cancer, or evaluation of treatment.
- 5) Mammography screening is always acceptable.
- 1) Lobectomy, subtotal thyroidectomy, or total thyroidectomy, plus neck dissection is performed for patient with thyroid cancer.
- 2) Near total thyroidectomy or total thyroidectomy is performed for patient with Basedow's disease (first choice is medication)
- 3) Operation of benign tumor (adenomatous goiter) is acceptable if patient has an unpleasant symptom and needs the operation.
- 4) Follicular type tumor, more than 4 cm in greatest dimension is indication for operation to distinguish follicular adenoma from follicular carcinoma.
- Medical Specialist of Breast Surgery (The Japanese Breast Cancer Society)
- Medical Specialist of General Surgery (Japan Surgical Society)
- Medical Specialist of Thyroid and Endocrine Surgery (The Japanese Association of Endocrine Surgeons and The Japanese Society of Thyroid Surgery)
In the Department of Rheumatology, we diagnose and treat mainly rheumatoid arthritis. And we also treat various rheumatic diseases, such as ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and osteoarthritis. Recently treatment for rheumatoid arthritis have greatly improved, and we can treat rheumatoid arthritis without deformity by early diagnosis and pharmacotherapy. We have adopted the latest treatment with biological agents or JAK inhibitors. You can also consult the doctor in our department about the surgery because the doctor has had a great deal of experience with rheumatoid surgery. Please visit our department if you have trouble with your joint or if you suspect you may have a rheumatic disease.